Dance HQ is looking for an experienced, versatile dance tutor to prepare & deliver a range of core classes to adults and children aged 3+ and outreach classes in a range of styles.
The successful candidate will have a warm and encouraging style of teaching and will be able to adapt to different ages and abilities. This is a varied post requiring a degree of flexibility, creativity and great organisational skills as the candidate will be required to keep records of classes as well as respond to general enquiries via phone call and email. Due to the outreach work involved in this post a driving licence and access to a car is desirable.
– Preparing & delivering core classes in the styles listed below at Dance HQ
– Preparing & delivering outreach classes in line with different client requirements
– Responding to general enquiries, ie class bookings & queries
– Registering new participants and keeping track of class registers
Core classes include Beginners, Intermediate & BATD Graded Tap for adults and Ballet, Tap, Modern Dance, Street & Contemporary classes for children. Outreach classes include dance workout sessions and creative workshops within schools and community groups.
It is possible to share this post between 2 tutors.
– BATD Ballet & Stage and/or Modern and Tap to at least Associate level
– Minimum HNC Dance qualification
– 2 years experience delivering dance workshops
– Flexible, responsive attitude
– PVG Scheme Membership
– Good admin & communication skills
– Degree in Dance
– Driving licence and access to a car
December 2014 – April 2015
Application deadline 17th October 2014
Please email a CV and covering letter to email@example.com or post to
Dance HQ, 411 White Studios, Templeton on the Green, Templeton Street, Glasgow, G40 1DA